7 Things to Think about for your New Business Mobile Contracts
25th September 2019
If you are responsible for organising business mobile contracts, you may find it a bit of a minefield with so much to consider: term, provider, data, BYOD, Tech Funds… Here we take a look at 7 things for you to think about...…
This list isn’t exhaustive, but it’s a good start...
- How good is coverage in your locations? There is little point in going for the best deal only to find out the chosen provider has no reception.
- What’s planned by the networks in your location over the next few years? Maybe you want to take advantage of a new technology like 5G, but it’s entirely possible providers will move into whatever technology at different times.
- Have clear detail on user needs – data or roaming for example and how this has worked within your existing contract. This will help you or your service provider acquire the most suitable deal for you.
- Beware of increasing data usage. If the past is anything to go on, our use of data will increase every year. Any contract should have flexibility to add or remove data according to need.
- Do you allow BYOD? Your policy on BYOD will impact your business mobile contract needs? If you have high BYOD perhaps a SIM only deal appeals as gives you the scope to bring BYOD under full corporate control. BYOD may seem a cheaper option but may increase your IT support costs.
- Make sure you understand IT needs to ensure your mobile contract is fit for purpose.
- Tech Funds – with increasing device costs this are arguably no longer fit for purpose. If you’ve always had contracts with Tech Funds, talk to your supplier about alternative options. They may no longer be the most suitable option for you.
Connexis is a telecommunications company in Telford, West Midlands that can supply you with business mobile solutions from EE, Vodafone, o2, and Three. If you'd like advice or a quote please do give us a call.Back To News & Blog